|Unit I : The Victorian Age (1837 -1901)
1. Effects of Industrial Revolution
2. Middle class complacency and the rise of the working class
3. Age of Science, Age of Faith and Doubt (the Victorian Dilemma)
4. Survey of Literature of the period: Types, features and development (Novel, Poetry and Prose)B. Concepts
3. Victorian Concept of Morality
6. The Oxford Movement
7. Bildungsroman and the Victorian Novel
Unit II : Poetry : Selected Verse from the Victorian Period
Unit III :
It gives us immense pleasure to come out with this text book on the 19th Century English Literature-II for T.Y.B.A. (Sem. VI) students of the University of Mumbai.
We have taken care to use lucid language keeping students’ point of view in mind. Considering the vast area that the University of Mumbai covers, we have tried to cater to the needs of heterogeneous students.