1. Dose calculation in pharmacological experiments.
2. Antiallergic activity by mast cell stabilization assay.
3. Study of anti-ulcer activity of a drug using pylorus ligand (SHAY) rat model.
4. Study of anti-ulcer activity of a NSAIDS.
5. Study of effect of drugs on gastrointestinal motility.
6. Effect of agonist and antagonists using isolated on guinea pig ileum.
7. Estimation of serum biochemical parameters by using semi- auto analyzer/ colorimeter.
8. Effect of saline purgative on frog intestine.
9. Insulin hypoglycemic effect in rabbit.
10. Test for Pyrogen (rabbit method).
11. Determination of acute oral toxicity (LD50) of a drug from a given data.
12. Determination of acute skin irritation / Corrosion of a test substance.
13. Determination of acute eye irritation / Corrosion of a test substance.
14. Calculation of pharmacokinetic parameters from a given data.
15. Biostatistics methods in experimental pharmacology.
About the Book :
It is our immense pleasure to bring out the “First Edition” of this book which is dedicated to the students and faculty of B. Pharma institutes of this country. This book is designed and edited in accordance to the syllabus requirement of “Pharmacology-III” of third year (6th Semester) B. Pharm course in pharmacy prescribed in “Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm) course regulations 2014” by Pharmacy council of India.
Sincere efforts have been made to present experimental details along with preexperimental aspects viz., vehicle of choice, drug dissolution and volume selection rational, preparation of stock solution and working standards with examples used in experimental pharmacology. Most experiments are described stating examples with an intention to scaffold experimental procedures attempted during Pharmacology Practical sessions to various global organizations.