About the Book :
- The book focusses mainly on examples and illustrates the principles and mechanisms with the liberal use of tables and figures.
- The emphasis in this book is given on the principles upon which chemotherapy is based.
- Computerised statistical methods are now routinely used in drug design, hence a chapter based on QSAR has been included to elaborate the applications of mathematical and statistical SAR analysis in dug-design.
Table of Contents :
1. General Principles
2. Topical Anti-Infective Agents
3. Chemotherapy of Parasitic Diseases
4. Sulphonamides and Urinary Tract Antiseptic gents
6. Modes of Action of Antibiotics
7. Antifungal Agents
8. Antiviral Agents
9. Anti – Neoplastic Agents
10. Anti – Tuberculosis and Anti – Leprotic Agents
12. Insulin and Oral Hypoglycemic Agents
14. Drugs Acting on Blood
15. Drugs Acting on GIT
16. Drugs Acting on Respiratory Tract
17. Diagnostic Agents
19. Adverse Effects
20. Quantitative Structure Activity Relationship
22. Synthesis of Drugs (Appendix)