This book is a primer for Herbal Industries, Academic Institutes, teachers, researchers and students, helping those across the country to learn, explain, and experiment on herbal drugs by HPTLC.
1. The authors highlight the importance of chemical profiling of herbal drugs as a major parameter to check the quality and purity.
2. This Monograph starts with the basic Pharmacognosy and ends with the advancement of herbal drugs by HPTLC finger printing profiling.
3. Monograph contains the HPTLC applications and method development of herbal drugs, finger printing profiling including the common and scientific names of plants, as well as a useful information of medicinal plants, which makes this Monograph entirely readable by both the scholar, students, researchers and the lay person wishing to deepen their knowledge of chemical profiling of herbal medicines.
4. This monograph provides the finger printing profiling of about 100 herbal drugs which could be useful for various herbal formulations. The analytical methods of these drugs are valuable for herbal based industries.
The main highlights of the Monographs are :
1. In this monograph, attempts are being made to expand the use of HPTLC and at the same time create interest among prospective researcher and students in herbal analysis.
2. The developed method can be used as a quality control tool for rapid authentication from a wide variety of herbal samples which is a vital element in the routine identification of complex fingerprints of herbal drugs.
3. The HPTLC methods in this monograph are most flexible, reliable, and cost-efficient separation technique ideally suited for the analysis of botanicals and herbal drugs.
4. The concepts of fingerprinting profiling of herbal drugs have been introduced for better understanding of herbal drugs.
5. The herbal drugs in the monograph have been designed in such a way that the reader follows each step of the HPTLC in logical order.
6. The monograph describes the recent advancements of finger printing of herbal drugs using HPTLC and provide a new insight for future to “Q-marker”/approach of herbal drugs.