About the Book :
1. The Book contains 20 chapters that cover the Pharmacoeconomics curriculum of all universities across the globe.
2. The book systematically details the costs, perspectives, outcomes, parameters, methodologies, validation tools and advanced applications of pharmacoeconomics.
3. The uniqueness of this book lies in the flowcharts and key aspects blended into each chapter.
4. The provision of several examples, scenarios and case studies makes this book more interesting and applicable for readers.
5. This book will kindle the physicians, pharmacists and other health care professionals need to conduct more pharmacoeconomic research to best apply the principles for better patient health.
Table of Contents :
1 Introduction to pharmacoeconomics
2 Costs in pharmacoeconomics
3 Outcomes and perspectives in pharmacoeconomics
4 Health related quality of life
5 Pharmacoeconomic methods
6 Cost benefit analysis
7 Cost effective analysis
8 Cost of illness analysis
9 Cost minimization analysis
10 Cost utility analysis
11 Budget impact analysis
12 Decision analysis
13 Markov modeling
14 Sensitivity analysis
15 Drug utilization studies
16 Epidemiology and pharmacoeconomic research
17 Retrospective studies
18 Building and critiques of pharmacoeconomic studies
19 Applications of pharmacoeconomics
20 Case studies in pharmacoeconomics